When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you enter information via one of our contact forms, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Fair Information Practices
The Canadian Standards Association developed a set of 10 information practices, which were then made into law when the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act was passed in 2000. The 10 fair information practices (as per https://www.priv.gc.ca/resource/tool-outil/english/fair-info-practices.asp) are:
- Curtis International Ltd. is accountable for the protection of personal information under their control.
- The purposes for which the personal information is being collected must be identified during or prior to the collection.
- Personal information may only be collected, used or disclosed by Curtis International Ltd. with the knowledge and consent of the individual, with limited exceptions as specified in the legislation.
- The collection of personal information is limited to what is necessary for the identified purposes and will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Personal information must only be used and disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, except with consent or as required by law. It can be retained only as long as it is necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- Personal information must be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary.
- Personal information must be protected by adequate safeguards.
- Information about Curtis International Ltd.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s privacy policies and practices must be readily available to individuals upon request.
- In individual has the right of access to personal information about himself or herself and has the right to seek correction. Both these rights are subject to some exceptions as specified in each statute.
- Curtis International Ltd. must provide the means for an individual to challenge an its Ãƒâ€š compliance of the above principles.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you fromÃƒâ€š ALLÃƒâ€š correspondence.
Curtis International Ltd.
315 Attwell Drive
Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 5C1